Friday, October 4, 2013


We recently had a room painted from red to a neutral taupe color. I loved the red color that we painted when we moved in--I chose it and paid to have it painted that color.  But over time, I have grown tired of it... and wanted to update-have something lighter, more neutral, brighten the room.  The transformation was amazing.... doesn’t even look like the same room! Nothing else has changed but a coat of paint.  In just a few hours it went from darkness to light.  It went from dated to updated..  It made me think about how could I update myself?  Is there anything I could “paint about myself” to have a makeover, be refreshed, on the inside that is?  (I wouldn’t mind an outside makeover too but that’s a topic for another day!)  I know that I am changed when I spend time with God.  I have perspective that I do not have when I don’t pray.  I gain a peace in the middle of storms, receive strength that is not my own, am given comfort when feeling sorrowful.... In essence, I am changed when I spend time in God’s word and in prayer.  I have recently had the opportunity to lead some women in prayer and we pray using the ACTS method-
A-Adoration
C-Confession
T-Thanksgiving
S-Supplication (requests)
Adoration--praising God for WHO HE IS and his character  Confession--in light of His greatness, how do I fall short-recognize it, name it, regret it and ask forgiveness.
Thanksgiving makes me stop and think of all HE HAS DONE (not just his character qualities)... list them out--thankful for the weather, your health, family, ability to walk, think, talk, the Bible, mexican food, the state fair, your pets, your new outfit, twinkies, don’t stop until you can’t think of anything else! And lastly, when you have focused on WHO HE IS, sorry for where you fall short, thankful for what he has done, then you are ready to make your requests to Him which we call supplication. It’s a great way to make a change-from the inside out!

Romans 12: 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment